Buryat State University invites foreign citizens, stateless persons, and compatriots residing abroad to study at its faculties and departments!
Foreign citizens, stateless persons, and Russian citizens residing abroad have an opportunity to study at Buryat State University on both the fee-paying (contractual) and the government-funded basis (scholarships sponsored by the Russian Government). Admissions to the latter are limited by the quotas set in the Russian Government Resolution No. 891 “On Establishing an Education Quota for Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons in the Russian Federation” issued on 8 October 2013.
Foreign citizens applying for study at Buryat State University programs should provide their documents from 19 June 2015 to October 01 2015.
The competitive selection of entrants who will receive government-funded education at Buryat State University in 2015 will be organized by the offices of the Rossotrudnichestvo Federal Agency (or Russian Embassies) abroad.
For study on the fee-paying (contractual) basis you need to provide:
1. Passport (or another identity document) and copy of applicant (notarized translation into Russian language)
2. Original of nationally recognized educational certificate with and transcript/mark sheet
or original of foreign educational certificate on level of education and (or) qualification equivalent to the Russian Federation nationally recognized educational certificate (or notarized copy),
or as provided by the Russian Federation law, copy of certificate recognizing this document as valid.
3. Legalized translation of educational certificate and transcript/mark sheet into the Russian language.
4. 6 photos 3x4 cm
5. Certificate of state testing issued by foreign countries citizens center for testing on Russian language (basic level)
6. Copy of medical certificates (the absence of contraindications to education at Medical and Pead issued by official authority of applicant’s country.
7. Russian citizens residing abroad need to provide copies of documents confirming status of compatriot residing abroad. The status of a compatriot residing abroad is determined by the Federal Law No. 99-FZ “On the State Policy of the Russian Federation Concerning Compatriots Residing Abroad” issued on 24 May 1999.
In order to receive funding from the government of the Russian Federation, you need to do the following:
1. A fully filled-in application form, with a color photograph attached;
2. Photocopies of your educational credentials and transcripts with titles of all courses taken and grades (points) awarded for them; high school students are required to submit a written confirmation of their status (their study in the graduation class) with grades awarded during the past six months;
3. A photocopy of the medical certificate issued by the official authority of the applicant’s resident country, stating the applicant does not have any medical conditions preventing him/her from studying in the Russian Federation;
4. A photocopy of the negative HIV/AIDS status certificate issued by the official authority of the applicant’s resident country;
5. Photocopies of pages from your passport that you will use for crossing the border of the Russian Federation; the passport should be valid for no less than 18 months from the issue date of your educational entry visa (copies of the pages should be readable and include all the information necessary for issuing the Russian Visa Invitation) ;
6. A photocopy of your birth certificate (if you have any);
7. Photocopies of additional documents: diplomas and certificates awarded to winners of international and national (city, town, etc.) academic competitions and Academic Olympics.
8. A photocopy of the document confirming the level of competence necessary for studying in the area of art and culture.
but not including:
Welcome to Buryat State University!
If you need additional assistance or have any questions, please contact
International Relations Department:
Phone: 7 (3012) 211864, 7 (3012) 211691
Or Admissions Committee:
Phone: 7 (3012) 217426
Republic of Buryatia, Ulan-Ude city, 24а Smolina Street
International Relations Department – 2 floor, room 0203
Admissions Committee – 1 floor, room 0105